Monday, May 5, 2008

All this hassle was worth the tassel!


Today Dennis received an email with this line:
Congratulations Dennis!Your degree was conferred on 4/20/2008 and you are now officially a National University alumnus. Your diploma is currently being processed and will be mailed to you approximately 6-8 weeks after the date of your conferral.

Way to go, Baby! Dennis has worked really hard to earn his Master's degree. He did all his classes online, while working full time, taking care of our family and (oh yeah) a deployment in the middle. Dennis now has a Master's Degree in Human Behavior. I am very proud of him. He sacrificed a lot. We had a makeshift graduation ceremony. Here he is with the hat I constructed.

We are big fans of online education at the Katolin household! I had two new sections of my class start today. For those of you who do not know, I am an instructor for American Military University (www.apus.edu). I do all my work on my own schedule and from home. I love my job. My students are mainly active duty military members, with busy schedules. It is inspiring to hear their stories and know they are making education a priority. I love that I can be a part of their first steps towards a degree and of course love that I can make a little money and stay home with Elyse!

No comments: