Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Morning


It is another beautiful day! Elyse and I woke up this morning and went on a run through the neighborhood. She loved it! I have just started training for the Virginia Beach Rock N' Roll Half Marathon at the end of August (http://www.rnrvb.com/home.html). I am excited but also a little anxious to get started with this training. I did a half marathon back in 29 Palms and it went well but things are a little different. Back then, I had my friend Lindsey and her dog chief to run with most mornings and my friend Candace (a true runner) did the race with me and helped me train. And, I didn't have a baby to take care of! But, I am confident that I'll be able to do it. My friend Susanne who also had a baby in October is going to train with me and I have been inspired by Lisa who is training to run a half marathon in a few weeks. Anyone else want to join???

Here's a picture of Elyse in the pack and play. Lately, she does not seem to mind playing in there for a little while which makes me happy. I want her to get used to it so that once she can move around, there is a place I can keep her contained! She loves putting her mouth up against the mesh and especially likes it when I give her a kiss.

Just in case you were wondering, the "cry it out" worked the other night. She fell asleep after not too long and has been back to sleeping through the night. Yipee!!

Oh, and because I get excited about stuff like this now, I was cleaning the house yesterday and found a recipe online for a natural glass cleaner. I'm trying to move away from all those chemicals, especially with Elyse here. I mixed 1/4 c vinegar, 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon dishwashing soap in a bottle and it worked great (I think it worked much better than Windex!)

No comments: