Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bows


We were at this fancy-schmancy baby shop this week and I saw some really cute baby hair bows. When I saw they were almost five dollars each I thought, "I can do that!" And do that I did.

I bought all the supplies at Michaels. The clipy things are actually over in the jewelry section, I have no idea what they are for but they worked for this.

It's easy. Here's how you do it.

You will need: Hot glue gun, ribbon and "findings" or some other clipy thing and artificial flowers.


1. Make two loops of ribbon, securing the ends together with hot glue. One should be bigger than the other.

2. Glue them on top of each other and both on top of a flat piece of ribbon..
3. Take a small piece of ribbon and wrap it around the middle, turning the loops into a bow. Secure with a dot of glue.
4. Glue the ribbon onto the clip.


Ta da!


The flower one is even easier. Just glue an artificial flower to the clip!

With my new short do, I might just have to borrow a few...

And all of this was only about $9 and we have enough to make 12 clips!

No comments: