Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yummy and Patriotic...a great combo!


I made this yummy dessert over the weekend. Elyse took a long nap and I could spend time making it fancy...

A little tip. This recipe calls for instant pudding. Make sure you get instant. I had a brain fart and bought cook and serve so we didn't have the pudding layer. But, it was still very yummy. Maybe I'll just have to make it again soon so I can get it right! :)

Combine:
1 C flour
1 C finely chopped pecans
1/2 C butter softened.

Press into bottom of 9X13'' pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool completely.

In mixing bowl, beat:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1 C confectioners sugar

Fold in half of container of whipped topping. Mix until smooth.

Spread over crust.

Beat together:
1 package INSTANT vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 C cold milk

Spread over cream cheese layer.

Cover with remaining whipped topping.

Decorate with:
1/2 C blueberries
3 C strawberries

Refrigerate 1 hour and enjoy! :)

No comments: