Saturday, August 30, 2008

Half Marathon

Tomorrow morning I am scheduled to run the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon. Do I feel prepared? Heck no! We've been on vacation for a week and I've been pigging out and lounging around. And before that, I didn't do the training like I had planned. But I can't imagine how many people really stuck to the training schedules perfectly. It's not just me, right???

So tomorrow, I'm going to run, and maybe walk a little, 13.1 miles. There are bands and cheerleaders along the way. I've decided just to have a good time. I think it will be fun.

And as I get to the hard spots, this will be in my head and is a little Sunday inspiration a day early:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1.

If I'm not too tanked, I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

No comments: