Monday, August 11, 2008

Meal Planning

I've tried this before, but I think I've found a system that will work for me...I'm really going to work on planning out our meals. I was inspired by Simple Mom.

The thing that really clicked for me was to set a "theme" for each night of the week. In the past, I've had trouble coming up with a meal idea for tonight, let alone a few weeks or even (gasp!) a month. Once I set up our "themes" the ideas just flew in.

Here's the plan:
Monday-Italian
Tuesday-Grill (Change to some kind of casserole once the weather gets cold)
Wednesday-Crockpot
Thursday-Leftovers
Friday-Sandwiches
Saturday-Out
Sunday-Something fancy and dessert

I've planned out the next two weeks, made a stellar grocery list and we are off! I went to the grocery store tonight and had a cart filled to the brim. And, the best part is, I know what I'm going to use it all for! I'll let you know how it goes. And if you want to stop by for dinner, I'll let you know what's on the menu!

1 comment:

Angela said...

LOVE IT!!