Saturday, August 30, 2008
Thankful Friday, a little late
So this post is a little late because we decided to drive the entire way back yesterday. It is hard to believe but yesterday morning we were in upstate NY and today we are back in VA beach. It was a long trip but we made it. So here's my list for the week:
1. An AWESOME vacation! As many of you who live away from family probably understand, vacation time usually consists of going back "home" to visit family. This is great of course but it was wonderful to have a real vacation. We went to Philly, Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame and then just relaxed at the lake. A great balance. We spent time with some fun people, had lots of laughs. Overall, fun, fun, fun!
2. The drive back couldn't have been better. Elyse was a rockstar. I worried a bit about traffic on Labor Day weekend, but we just ran into a little bit around Philly. We took lots of breaks and I spent some time with Elyse in the back seat. She did scream a bit about an hour from home, but who can blame the poor baby. The original plan was to stop along the way but I'm so glad we decided to come all the way. Sleeping in my own bed was awesome.
3. OUR HYBRID! Get this...we drove 507 miles and only used one tank of gas. I'm not kidding.
4. I cleaned the house a bit before we left. It was so nice to walk into a tidy space.
5. The hammock, sunsets, cool weather, naps, yummy food, good company, and laughs.