Friday, August 8, 2008

Thankful Friday

In an effort to recognize the things I am thankful for, I have designated Friday "Thankful Friday". Here's my list for the week:

  • A great trip to STL!! Elyse and I had lots of fun spending time with our family and friends. I'll have some pictures up soon...I left my camera cord attached to my mom's computer!
  • Being back with Dennis. I just really like him. He's on leave this week (working on the movie so he's busy) and we've gotten to spend lots of family time together.
  • The REALLY nice electrician who fixed the power in our bathrooms. I've learned the power of asking people for referrals for jobs like that. I asked the moms in my moms club and got Charlie's name. He called several times to try and troubleshoot the problem and then drove an HOUR from NC to come up and fix our problem. The best part...when it turned out to be an easy fix, he only charged us $20 for his gas! (Of course we slipped him a little more). But how nice is that!!!
  • The Olympics start today!!!! I'm so excited. We are going to sit and watch the opening ceremony and order Chinese take-out for dinner. Yipee!!
So here's the question...what is your favorite Olympic sport to watch? And, if you could create any Olympic sport, what would you win a gold medal in?? I think I would be a gold medal diaper changer!!! :)


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think the Olympic team sports should take a rule from Red Rover. When your team wins, you "absorb" the other team. This way everyone still gets to keep playing until the final! :-)