Sunday, September 21, 2008

Guidance

This was my favorite Daily Word over the past few weeks and then someone read it again in church today so I knew I had to share:

GUIDANCE

God is my guiding light. I follow the path of peace and fulfillment.

I am an expression of God's light in the world, and because I am, I follow the path of peace and fulfillment.

In prayer, I prepare my self for each day's journey. Sitting in a comfortable position, I close my eyes, relax and imagine myself bathed in God's light. Going deeper into meditation, I ask, What is mine to do?

My answer may come as a flash of insight during prayer or after I return my attention to my daily life. A sudden "aha" moment may come while I'm driving, or a gentle realization may appear later. Whatever is mine to accomplish, I know that I will through divine guidance, for God is my guiding light.

"By the tender mercy of our God, the down from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." -Luke 1:78-79.

No comments: