Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Over at Rocks in My Dryer, the moms are telling labor stories. I only have one story to tell so far but I thought I'd share my answers to the questions on my labor with Elyse.


How long were your labors?

Kid #1, From the time my water broke until they pulled her out was about 18 hours.

How did you know you were in labor?

Kid #1, I got up to go to the bathroom at about 5 am. When I climbed back into bed I heard a "pop"! I literally heard my water break.

Where did you deliver?

At Portsmouth Naval Medical Center.

Drugs?

Yes! I probably had them too early. I felt some menstrual like cramps and decided I had enough of that.

C-section?

Yup. Elyse just wasn't moving into place. I was dilated but she just stayed put. I did have some back pain and the nurse who I could tell knew what she was talking about suggested that it might be back labor in addition to her not moving. I was nervous about pushing and quickly agreed to the C-section.

Who delivered?

Doctors, and some students too I guess. By that time I was too out of it to really know what was going on.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I keep reading everyones labor day meme. I'm addicted. I like your blog. Its so sweet. Your family is beautiful!

KatolinFamily said...

They are fun to read! Thank you!