Monday, September 8, 2008

Organization Board

The past few weeks, I've been taking time on Sunday to plan out our week. It's something I learned when I did Seven Habits of Highly Effective People training. It has been a great help. I love seeing everything written out. It has helped me a lot with my work! I teach for an online university and all the assignments are due on Sundays. As a result, I started feeling very overwhelmed on Mondays, like I had a TON of work to do. Then I started planning it out over the week and felt much less overwhelmed. As long as I finished a certain amount each day, I knew I would get everything done.

And, since I love to see everything planned out and since I love markers of all colors, I decided to move my planning sheet to a huge dry erase board we had out in the garage. Here it is:
I'm not sure if you can see or not, but I have places for each day of the week, to-do lists for each day in different colors for work and home. I've also included the list of dinners because I am really working on meal planning, a place for notes, a place to write what we are thankful for, people to pray for and a shopping list. I'm sure this will be a changing system as I will learn what works and what doesn't.

I had to get the dry erase marker package with 20 different colors. They fit perfectly in an old check box.
Now I just have to figure out a way to attach it to the door (it's just sitting on the doorknob right now). I think I'll try those sticky removable hook things. What do you think?

2 comments:

Angela said...

I don't know how to hang your board but you should totally velcro the markers all around it. I love Velcro almost as much as you love markers. Speaking of meal planning, let me know what good croc-pot recipes you find. I always want to use it but don't have any recipes that I love for it.

KatolinFamily said...

I like the velcro idea. So far, I've been getting most of my crock pot recipes from www.crockpot365.blogspot.com. She made it her New Year's resolution to use the crock pot every day! I have found some good ones there.