Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chicken Spedini


I think my mom made this recipe up. You will see that there aren't exact measurements for everything but you should be able to eyeball it. This chicken was DELICIOUS...Dennis said it might even be his new favorite dinner. We had it with some orzo pasta and some broccoli.

Give it a try!

Thin Chicken Breasts
Italian Dressing
Italian Bread Crumbs
Prosciutto
Baby Swiss
3/4 C Chicken Broth
2 T Lemon Juice
3 Cloves minced garlic
2 T melted butter
2 T flour
Mushrooms

Marinate chicken in Italian dressing 1-1.5 hours. Coat chicken with italian bread crumbs and saute in olive oil until browned (do in batches). Return chicken to pan and top with procuitto and baby swiss. Top with lemon butter sauce.

I changed it a bit: After browning the chicken, actually cooking it all the way through, I put the chicken in a 9x13 pan, topped with procuitto and Swiss and put under the broiler for just a few minutes. I watched it and once the cheese started to brown I took it out.

Lemon Butter Sauce: Boil chicken broth, lemon juice and garlic. Mix butter and flour together in separate bowl. Add to brown. Bring to boil to thicken. Add sliced mushrooms and simmer 3-5 minutes.

For some reason I thought I was supposed to buy white wine for the sauce and made a special trip to Target. I just drank it instead (don't worry, just a glass) and actually recommend getting some wine to compliment this meal.

No comments: