Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wean-Her


Elyse drinking real milk right from the carton (you can see she does take after her daddy!)

So it's official (I think)...Elyse is officially weaned. At least I think so. I thought that was the case last week but gave in to her cries when we were visiting friends and she was screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night and waking the entire house (weaning while on a trip is not recommended).

I thought I would be sadder than I am. It's really OK. I will miss the closeness and cuddles we had on a regular basis. And oh how I will miss being able to eat everything in the pantry without gaining extra weight. It was hard when she was first born but by six months (yes, it really did take that long) it was easy. I'm glad we decided to go this long but I am also glad we are stopping now.

To think, I'll be able to go somewhere for the whole day without Elyse and not have to worry about her going hungry. Now, if I could only figure out someplace to go!

P.S. Try and say the title of this post three times fast without giggling! :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

You are so silly. And Congratulations on a major accomplishment - the breast-feading for a year AND weaning!!

Laurie said...

Wow! That is such a good feeling to have. Elyse is such a ham for the camera. Kiley only has her moments. You seem to be getting really cute shots. Probably all of those photography courses!