Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cleaning

I can cook, I don't mind laundry and I am the one in charge of managing our family finances. But, my one "domestic" weakness is cleaning. I'm not sure why. Don't get me wrong...our house is not a pig pen, I just have trouble making cleaning part of my routine (especially when a certain one year old cancels out my efforts in only a few seconds). In my mom's club, one of the ladies shared with me her strategy for keeping the house clean and I've been giving it a shot. It has worked so far!

Each day there are a few tasks and after they are finished, I'm done! Here's my list:

Everyday:
Sweep
Wash Diapers (as needed)
Empty the Dishwasher


Monday:
Clean off Counters
Clean cabinet surfaces
Take old food out of fridge and clean shelves
Mop kitchen and dining room
Clean under burners


Tuesday:
Laundry (from start to finish!)
Wash Sheets
Make Baby Food
Rotate Baby Toys

Wednesday:
Dust wood
Vacuum entire house
Fabreeze Furniture

Thursday:
Wash bathroom floor
Clean Shower
Clean Sinks
Clean all glass and mirrors in house
Wash Baby toys
Clean Toilets

Friday: (I'm usually tired and lazy by Friday so it's not much!)
Collect Garbage
Water Plants

Monthly:
Clean Carpet
Clean out trash cans
Change air filter

To you neat and tidy people out there, is there anything I'm missing?????

1 comment:

Kris said...

This sounds like a good plan! With a small child, a dog, and a large child (i.e. husband), I find it hard to clean well, too!