Monday, November 24, 2008

Personal Touch

I liked this Daily Word today.

I am a kind and compassionate expression of Spirit within.
At the office, on a bus, or in a store, I may be around people without having a conversation or any other interaction with them.Yet when I ask a coworker who seems overloaded with work if I can be of help, when I take my package off the seat next to me on the bus so someone can sit down, when I pick up groceries for a neighbor while I'm at the store, I reach out with a personal touch.

The impersonal gives way to the personal touch that flows from Spirit within. I understand that no one is meant to be a stranger in a world created by God. I recognize people as a part of my team, as fellow travelers in life, as neighbors wherever they may live.

"But a Samaritan while traveling came near him; and when he saw him, he was moved with pity. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, having poured oil and wine on them. Then he put him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him." --Luke 10:33-34

No comments: