Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What do you drink???

For a long time, I've been a regular Diet Dr. Pepper drinker but as of this month, I decided that I don't drink soda. I just really don't know that it is made of and that makes me nervous.

But tonight I'm thirsty...really thirsty for some Sprite or Diet Coke or Root Beer but those are now off limits. I'm tired of milk and water.

So, I'm wondering, what do you drink? (I'm talking non-alcoholic here...we could go into that list another time!)

I'm looking for something that isn't a bunch of chemicals and isn't full of calories either. (If I'm going to take in calories, I'd rather they be in the form of brownies!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

7 comments:

Dana said...

I get tired of drinking plain water so I use the little packets of Propel Vitamin Water made by gatorade to flavor my water. It's cheaper than buying the already prepared bottles of Propel. The Crystal Light ones aren't bad either, I just prefer the taste of Propel.

Lindsay said...

In the winter I drink hot tea all the time. Tazo Tea's Wild Sweet Orange is one of my favorites for the morning, and their Calm is a great way to wind down at night. Sometimes I add a little bit if milk and honey if I'm looking for something really soothing. Not necessarily the most "refreshing" beverage, but more of a comfort. However, Tazo's cold teas are really good too and while they do have calories, I feel a little more confident that I know where they came from. You are so right about soda!

Cindy said...

Go for the tea! It has great health benefits, there are all kinds of flavors available and you can sweeten it with Splenda (try 1/2 pack at first). MOM

ndeeken said...

I agree with the tea comments. It's surely the way to go. There is something about hot tea in the winter that is so soothing. I can't handle caffeine so I look for the decaf ones. Traditional tea with sweetener and milk is my favorite. Red Raspberry is a close second. I've also heard that Diet Snapple is good, but haven't tried it. They have lots of flavors. Another twist on regular water is to add in a shot of Orange Juice and a 1/2 packet of sweetner just to give a little flavor. Good luck!

Amanda said...

Apfelschorle! Schorles in general are huge in Germany. (I think like spritzers in english.) Use half water (with bubbles) and half organic juice. Sometimes I use a more flavorful juice then not as much of it to save calories. Try cranberry or cherry. It's similar to the watered down juice we give to kids, but it's much better with bubbles.

Angela said...

Add a few lemon slices to your water. Mmmmmm.

KatolinFamily said...

Thanks for all the tips! I've already tried a few and they are GREAT alternatives to soda!