Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Book Clubs

We're finally back in town. Totally exhausted from the trip. We had a great few weeks (hopefully I'll post pictures of Christmas soon). I'm excited to get back into a routine again...it's been awhile.

One thing I've loved lately is reading. I've really taken off in my reading because I've joined two book clubs. The first is one for my mom's club. We've read Twilight and we are in the middle of Barefoot. The second book club is the "Dennis and Andrea book club." It really started mostly because Dennis wanted me to read Watchmen, which is a graphic novel, a fancy way of saying "really long comic book." In my agreement, I told him that I got to pick a book for us to read together. I choose American Shaolin. I'm almost done with that one and I'm loving it!

Sharing books with friends has been great. Not only does it keep me motivated, but I love having someone to discuss the reading with. I have always needed interaction and this gives me a way to interact with my friends over a book.

Over at Simple Mom, she is starting a book club for 2009. I am really interested to read all of her selections. Click on the icon in the right column to see more.

What books are you reading?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Multiple Blessings by the Gosselins. A quick read and worthwhile, in my opinion. I actually teared up a few times...