Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today's my 29th birthday (no, really...I'm 29!) Every year on our birthday, my grandpa used to ask, "How does it feel to be #?" and I can say today that 29 feels pretty great!!!

I found this prayer on another blog recently. It is from a book called Ruthless Trust. I started my 29th year with it this morning and I plan on making it part of my daily ritual. I hope you like it too.

Abba, I surrender my will and my life to you today, without reservation and with humble confidence for you are my loving father. Set me free from self-consciousness, from anxiety about tomorrow and from the tyranny of the approval and disapproval of others, that I may find joy and delight simply and solely in serving you. May my inner freedom be a compelling sign of your presence, your peace, your power and your love. Let the plan for my life and the lives of your children gracefully unfold on day at a time. I love you with all my heart and I place all my confidence in you, for you are my Abba.

No comments: