I wanted to share this recipe, and luckily, before I ate the very last one, I remembered to take a picture.
These are OREO TRUFFLES!! I took them to my mom's club party and they were a huge hit. They look fancy but are pretty easy. Here is the recipe I got here
40 truffles (approximately)
Write a Review! (optional)
- 1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (using different extracts allows for subtle flavour changes...I've used mint extract, upped to 1 tsp) (optional)
- 1 lb milk chocolate
- 1/2 lb white chocolate
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.