Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goals

When Dennis went on his second deployment to Iraq, I developed a list of goals to get me through the time he was gone. Some were silly, some were serious, but they all helped me get through the time and have something to focus on. My goals included:

1. Do three pull-ups.
2. Score above 100 in bowling.
3. Run a half-marathon.
4. Go on a trip by myself (I went to San Francisco and LOVED it!)
5. Read all the epistles in the Bible.
6. Knit something that was not straight (I cheated and used one of those circle looms to make a hat!)

Oh, and we had a hula-hoop party too. It wasn't a goal but it was a lot of fun!


Anyway, I've decided that I want to create a similar list of goals for our time left here in VA Beach. Certainly this is not as challenging as a time as the deployment was but I am having a hard time focusing on the here and now, thinking too much about the future move.

So, I have already come up with most of my list and I'll share it tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas to add to my list. The goals can be anything from silly to serious.

3 comments:

Nesli said...

So where are you guys moving to and when?

KatolinFamily said...

We will be closer to you! We're moving to Quantico sometime this summer. :)

Angela said...

Well it might be too related to the move you are trying to get your mind off of but you could have a "purging" goal. That you will get rid of x amount of y by z.