Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another example of why my husband rocks!

I've been trying to take a nap in the afternoon when Elyse naps. Being pregnant just sucks the energy out of me. But, I also have to find some time to get some work done. So lately, I've been working for about an hour after she goes down and then taking a nap.

Today, only five minutes after I laid down, Elyse starting crying. I decided to wait a few minutes and see if she would go back asleep. It didn't work.

But then...just as I was getting up, I heard Dennis come in the door, home from work early. He heard her crying, knew I was trying to get a nap and sweeped in to rescue our sweet girl. Then, he ordered me to go back to bed. About an hour later, I woke up to an empty house. Turns out they went out to run some errands, including taking the recycling out (we have to take it to the dump), buying me a new CD and filling up my car with gas. Not only did I get a nap but some quiet time alone in the house.

I am one lucky girl. Thanks, baby!

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is so sweet. He's pretty lucky too, you know! I hope you have a nice Easter - will be thinking of you/hope you aren't missing family too much. See you soon!