Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Felt Board


Inspired by the huge board my mom has in her sewing room (she uses it to arrange quilt blocks) I decided to make a felt board for Elyse.

It was super easy. All I did was take a piece of foam poster board and cover it with a piece of flannel. (I stapled it on). Then I cut some shapes and letters out of felt. They stick right on the board and are easy to play with and move around. To be completely honest, Elyse doesn't love it yet but I think she will once she starts liking arranging the shapes to make pictures and designs. I'm going to try and cut out all the letters so we can practice them when the time comes.

I also found these on Etsy. SO CUTE! I might have to buy a few sets.

3 comments:

Angela said...

We play felt board on the back of the office chair! We sort pieces by color and I ask her to bring each one up to the chair and stick it on and we cheer. (we got all this from library group time...) We never play for a real long time but she likes it. Nice board idea.

KatolinFamily said...

That's a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.