Sunday, June 14, 2009

One of My Favorites...

I read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult awhile ago and loved it.

My mom's club book club decided to pick it up for our next read (fitting since the movie will be out next week) so I decided to read it again. And again, I loved it. If you haven't read this one, please do. It is a book you will not be able to put down

Just a warning...be sure to have a box of Kleenex nearby. Poor Dennis has to deal with the emotional Andrea after reading this book. I think this time it was even more touching to read the story of sisters knowing that I am going to have two daughters-sisters.

I've been told by my wonderful husband that I am not allowed to come home for at least three days after going to see the movie. He does't know what to do with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay everyone...I need to respond to this. Andrea read this book and wept like a little girl with a skinned knee...and this was her second read through.

while I am sure it was very touching and well written, this book is not pleasant for the loved ones of those who read it. Watching my wife weap her eyes out right before we go to bed is not fun. So, keep this in mind (Andrea's friends) who are considering putting their children and husbands through this ringer.

There is nothing more complicated than seeing your wife crying in bed and wondering, if I forgot our anniversary today!?!! She waited 10 minutes to tell me why she actually crying!

love,
Dennis

Lindsay said...

I also loved "My Sister's Keeper" and hope that the movie meets my expectations. I need to read the book again, but very appropriately loaned it to my sister and it has not been returned :)

ritahoffm said...

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog, Andrea. Somehow I ended up here first thing this morning and what a pleasant way to start the day! I never knew you were a professor? Impressive! You are so modest not to even mention it.

Love the note from your husband at the end. Too cute. Nothing wrong with a good sob now and then! Makes us vulnerable and 'real'!

You are such a wonderful mother=) I've always enjoyed seeing how you interact and communicate with Elyse. So attentive and in the moment. It has been a pleasure to get to know you and Elyse. We will miss you both.

Wishing you and your family all the best in your move/journey! Keep in touch!
Rita