Thursday, June 18, 2009

Out Little Adventure

Dennis had some leave to burn (how come that NEVER happened to me at a job) and so we decided to go on a little adventure. Williamsburg, VA is only about an hour from us so we decided to head up to Great Wolf Lodge.

If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend going. It is a little pricey but we had a blast! They had a huge indoor water park, including a special toddler area. The pool there was only about a foot deep so Elyse could wander around in the water all on her own. And, they had water slides that were just her size. At first she was reluctant to give them a try but LOVED the slides after the first go. I am not exaggerating when I say she went down the slide about 50 times. Dennis and I took turns being the one to run her up the stairs or catch her at the bottom. I truly wish I had a waterproof camera to catch her expression as she came down that slide. A HUGE grin from ear to ear!!!

As we were playing, I was approached by this chick. Apparently she is an anchor from the CBS station in Washington, D.C. and was doing a story about water safety. Since she noticed that we were being so attentive and such great parents (gold star for Andrea and Dennis) she asked if she could interview me. No problem, I said, despite the fact that I had damp hair, runny mascara and was in my swim suit (there is no other way I would rather make my TV debut!). She was very nice and said the story will run throughout the summer. We'll be up in that area by then so maybe I'll be able to catch myself on TV. Fun!

Today we decided to go to Busch Gardens. They have a brand new Sesame Street area, and since we are Elmo's biggest fans, we though we would check it out. It went OK. We were all a little tired and crabby (Dennis has a bad cold, Elyse was hot, I didn't really sleep well in the hotel). We stayed long enough for one little ride, a 4D Elmo movie and some pictures with some stars! (Someone was mildly freaked out!)

All in all, we had some great family time and I am so lucky to have two wonderful people to share these adventures with!!

2 comments:

Kerns Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun family vacation. I love it! Get in all the running around fun now before you have a new baby to tie you down for a while.

Angela said...

I"m so jealous - I LOVE Busch gardens! Good for you guys for having some fun!