Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cookies From Heaven


I think God blesses us in many ways. With family, friends, our health, and every once in awhile, a cookie recipe.

Let me explain. The other day we all went to lunch and after eating I (not surprisingly) decided to get a cookie. It turned out to be a delicious cookie. They called it chocolate chunk and I enjoyed every last bite. But, what made me sad was to know we are moving soon and I won't be able to get this cookie anymore. I figured I would have to search out a recipe, not knowing really what to call it. I even asked Dennis, "I wonder how they make the top shiny?"

Well, yesterday I was working on organizing the house. One of the things I wanted to do was use up some of the food in the pantry. I found a box of baking chocolate squares (and there is no way I could let those go to waste). I opened up the box to read the recipes on the inside and found one for Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Imagine my delight when I read the words at the bottom..."Bake until shiny!" We had everything I needed so I gave them a try. And while they are not as perfect as the ones from the restaurant, they are a close second. Give them a try!

2 pkg. (8 squares each) Bakers Semi-Seet Baking Chocolate divided
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder

Preheat oven to 350. Coarsely chop 8 of the chocolate squares; set aside. Microwave remaining 8 chocolate squares in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 2 min, stirring after 1 min. Stir until completed melted. Add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla; stir until well blended. Add four and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chopped chocolate pieces.

Drop rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets

Bake 12-13 minutes or until puffed and shiny. Cool 1 min; trransfer to wire racks. C ool.

Makes about 2-1/2 doz or 30 servings, on cookie each.


No comments: