Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goodbye House

Tonight is our last night all together in this house. Tomorrow Dennis leaves to pick up the keys to our new place and the movers come to take all our stuff away. I am really excited about our move and our new adventure, but I am sad to leave this place.

Here is a picture of Dennis and I when we came out to Norfolk for our house hunting trip. Oh, how things have changed since then!

We moved in, both started new jobs, found out we were pregnant, got promoted, HAD A BABY, won a car, raised a daughter, found out we were pregnant again...a lot has happened here.

While financially we bought at the wrong time, I am so thankful for this house. I remember being so giddy I couldn't sleep the night after our offer was accepted. This house has been so perfect for our family. We really were able to make it ours (and for the first time, paint walls!).

Here are a few pictures for memory's sake. And, yes, these are the pictures from when we put our house on the market, and in now way reflect the actual neatness of our house. It never actually looked like this (and as much as I wanted it to, part of me is glad for that).

We'll miss the first house that we ever owned. It certainly will hold a special place for me.



2 comments:

Jeff and Brandi said...

good luck with the move-love you all much! Jeff had a chance to watch Dennis's video and said it was great-he really enjoyed it! I still have yet to watch-but Dennis-I really do plan on watching it and am excited too, just need to find the time.

Nina said...

It's hard to say goodbye to your first house, isn't it!! But, I know many good things are ahead for your family. So, how did you win the car? that's very cool!