...but didn't care enough to ask. (Copied from my friend Rachael's blog)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate, although if I'm going to have the calories of chocolate, I'd rather have it in its solid form. Dennis likes Egg Nog. I don't get it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We (gasp!) probably aren't going to do Santa with the kids. We haven't quite figured out how it is going to work yet. But, certainly any presents we give or receive are wrapped. Half of the fun is trying to guess what they are ahead of time.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights. Classic.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. But I would like to.
5. When do you put your decorations up? This year we put them up on Thanksgiving morning while we watched the Macy's Parade. I think it's a tradition I'd like to continue.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmm...what don't I like? The traditional "Thanksgiving"meal is one of my favorites. Any kind of cookie is good too.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Traditionally, my family opened presents on Christmas morning. One year, once we were a little older, they decided we would start opening them on Christmas Eve. My parents stood in front of my brother and I and told us they had an announcement to make. My dad told us my mom was pregnant. Of course, it wasn't true, so my mom started laughing so hard she almost peed her pants. I think my brother started crying because he wanted to stay the youngest, but got over it soon when he discovered it was time to open presents. Every year after that, we went to a movie and dinner together on Christmas Even, and then came home to open presents. It was a nice tradition.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was in first grade. Someone told me on the playground. I can actually still picture the spot. One of those moments that is etched in my mind.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open all of them!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Pretty simply. White lights, some red and silver balls and the ornaments from my childhood. My grandma gave us two ornaments each year for Christmas...one of our Halloween costume and another to represent one of our hobbies or interests from the year. It's kind of a fun way to take a trip down memory lane.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Not the biggest fan. One or two good snowfalls a year is good for me.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes! My freshman year of high school, we went to the Rec Plex on Friday nights for ice skating.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm...there were a lot of good ones. I remember getting a beanbag chair one year and thinking that was pretty cool.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Probaby the cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I like them all.
17. What tops your tree? A sad looking bow.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I should say giving but I don't mind receiving either!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "O Holy Night!" I think it's beautiful. Dennis likes it too and makes up his own versions and sings it in the shower. I listen in when he doesn't know I'm around!
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck
21 Favorite Christmas Show? It's a Wonderful Life is a great one.
Copy this post and fill it out on your blog. I did!