Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Two things that make me happy everyday and one that makes me happy on occasion


The first is PB2. Sounds totally strange, but it is powdered peanut butter. I discovered it at the commissary one day. I am certainly one of the biggest peanut butter lovers I know so I was rather skeptical of any substitute. But, I noticed the calories...only 53 calories per 2 tablespoon vs. 190 in regular peanut butter. Since I'm working hard to lose these extra baby pounds, I was certainly willing to give it a try. And, it's actually pretty good. You mix 2 tablespoons of the powder with one tablespoon water and end up with something that does very closely resemble peanut butter. It's made of just roasted peanuts, salt and sugar, and tastes pretty darn good!


The second is My Tot Clock. Along with parents across the country, we suffered when the time changed. Elyse got up WAY to early (especially for a mama up with a nursing baby during the night). We started teaching her to wait for "big light" (the sun to rise) but that was still happening pretty early and didn't work during naptime. My friend Rachael discovered this and it works GREAT!!! The light is blue when she should be sleeping, yellow when it is OK to wake up (we set the times), it plays music, white noise and even a story (and serves as a night light). Now, we wake up to Elyse yelling, "It's orange (looks orange to her) light! I can get up!!"


My third favorite discovery is the Shark Steam Cleaner. My mom has one and convinced me to get one when she was here to visit. I am all about not using chemicals to clean, but also needed to disinfect. This thing is easy and works. (I bought it cheaper than what is on the website at Bed Bath and Beyond using my 20% off coupon!) And, I used it to de-wrinkle my curtains and disinfect toys.

3 comments:

Dennis Katolin said...

Andrea, how the hell are you paying for all this? Advanced steam cleaning technology, talking clocks...PEANUT-BUTTER!?!! I'm on a government salary!!! How can we afford such things!?!

Rachael said...

Never heard of powdered peanut butter, hmm.. I can't wait for Delaney to open her Tot Clock, and me to open my Shark Steam mop at Xmas.:)

daniella said...

I'm not sure about the powdered peanut butter (did you know that the natural fat from peanuts is actually GOOD for you and your brain?), but I am digging the clock and steam cleaner. ESPECIALLY the steam cleaner, HA!