Saturday, January 2, 2010

Anyone home????

So it's been a really long time since I posted anything here, and I just want to let you know we are still alive and well. We had a great trip to STL to hang out with the fam, although it took us quite an effort to get there. We were scheduled to leave on Sunday, but DC was hit with 16 inches of snow on Saturday. We went to the airport, and spent SEVEN hours in line. In that time, our flight was delayed, then canceled, Dennis was interviewed by CNN and broadcast nationally (one of my Facebook friends even saw him on CNN in Veitnam!), I was told I should, wear a girdle (out of all the bumps that day, this crazy lady made me the most upset!), I was interviewd by ABC National news and appreared on the nightly new broadcast, we made friends with all the surrounding people in line, I changed three poopy diapers, Elyse took a nap, and Dennis was surrounded by Airport security guys after demanding some info from the American Airlines workers (if they only knew what he could do to them, not that he would of course!). We didn't make it out on Sunday but did get to STL later that week and had a great trip. We saw lots of friends, ate great food, and just spent some quality time with family. Poor Madleyn was sick for a bit but is all better now, and Elyse displayed some award winning tantrums (likely more on that later, although I can hope not).

Here are a few pics. (The family ones are all on my mom's camera so I don't have any to show here.)
Some high school friends.


Dierbergs friends



College roommates. We have six girls between the three of us! (One is in Jessica's tummy!)


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Cute photos! Glad I got to spend some time with you while you were here. Madelyn is too cute and the tantrums only get louder-sorry to bring you that bad news!

KatolinFamily said...

It was great to see you too. I'm not sure if it is possible for her tantrums to get louder but I'm sure she'll prove me wrong. :)