Friday, February 12, 2010

Madelyn Joy...4 Months!!


Ok, so I know this is what I am supposed to say but, "FOUR MONTHS! Already?!!"

It certainly is hard to believe.

Our little baby has been up to a lot this month. She rolled over last week. Her little arm is still stuck underneath her, but she makes it from her back to her belly so that counts!

On Wednesday, she had her first full out belly chuckle! What an awesome sound! I've been doing everything I can think of since to make her laugh again, but I've only gotten big toothless grins. (I am certainly happy with those too!)

Her hair is growing and has not fallen out yet! Yipee!


Sleeping is pretty good I guess. She's started getting up two or three times a night. I'm not happy about that but she goes right back to sleep. I'm sure part of it is my fault because I lay her down asleep, but I don't know what else to do at this point. I'm not ready to let her cry it out yet. I've tried it for ten minutes or so and she ends up wailing so I think we'll wait on that. So for now, we have several late night meetings, but at least I know they won't be forever!

Naps are better. I can put her down when Elyse naps, she'll wake up and if I catch her before she is fully awake, I can get her back to sleep for a LONG snooze.


Finally posting this on Feb 22...

We went to the Dr. today. Here are the stats:
14 lbs (80%)
24.25 inches (70%)
Head: 41 cm (50%)

She was 50% across the board last time so I guess she's speeding up on her growth a bit (possibly from all those middle of the night feedings).

Not sure how her head is still in the 50% with this family...we all have huge noggins. Well, my mom is about the only one who doesn't have a huge head so maybe this is something she gets from her.

The doctor said she is perfectly healthy and happy. And recommended I look into reading this book.

Boy, do we love our baby!

2 comments: