Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh my GANACHE!

It is a good thing I gave up sweets for Lent, because otherwise I think I would be eating an entire pan of these. All my favorite things together! (Can you imagine it with a little bit of slightly melted ice cream on top...my mouth is watering!) It is serendipity I came across this recipe. My friend Erica was telling me just the other day about her favorite treat at her hometown bakery. Brownies with cookies baked on top. Yum. And, as I was surfing blogs the other day, I came across this recipe. It adds ganache. My goodness.

I know I won't lose the recipe though because of my favorite new website/tool. It is www.kartme.com. I set up an account and it adds a little button to my toolbar. Everytime I come across something I want to save for later, I "kart" it. I now it seems a lot like bookmarking but it is better. I can create lists like "Recipes" and kart all my recipes there. So I guess I can do that with bookmarks too but Kart is still better. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, whatever it takes to be able to find this recipe on Easter, I'm totally for. And feel free to call me at midnight on April 4...I'll be digging into my Chocolate Chip Brownies.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

YUM! Those look heavenly! Although I didn't give up sweets for Lent, I definitely won't be making those until there are lots of other people around to eat them - or I just might devour the whole pan! So, Easter might be the occasion to give that recipe a try and convince my in-laws to eat them :)

Laurie said...

Those treats look absolutely amazing! I too have given up sweets for Lent and it is oh so hard. These brownies/cookies are definitely going to be made for Easter!