Monday, April 26, 2010

Just Stuff

I feel like I haven't been on top of blogging lately. Updates on the girls is about all I've been able to get out. We've been busy lately though...


Dennis turned 30. We celebrated with dinner at Outback and chocolate cake and ice cream. Thanks, Wegmann's, to the second most wonderful grocery store ever (after Dierbergs of course) I was able to buy "Rice" ice cream and make frosting with rice butter. Not so great. Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby...


Which brings me to the next point. I'm off dairy for now. Madelyn has some eczema and the dr. suggested I go dairy free for a week and see if it helps. It did. So, that means no milk, yogurt, butter, or (gasp!) cheese for me until she's weaned. Kind of funny that I can produce milk but can't have any.

When Elyse hurts herself, she looks at us and says, "my body will fix it" and then looks down and says, "Thank you body!"

I'm still teaching for AMU. It is awesome I get to work from home. We have the best babysitter ever who comes once a week and watches Elyse so I can work. I am going to pack her in a box and ship her to California.

Dennis is just a few weeks from being done with his school here. He is ready to be done and ready to be back with the "real" Marine Corps again.


Yesterday Dennis told Elyse to take a toy out of her mouth. She looked at him and said, "It's only OK if I'm in my room and no one is watching me." Yikes!

We've officially "Ferberized" Madelyn (let her cry a bit at night until she fell back asleep instead of feeding her). So now on most nights she sleeps all the way until about 6 am. We probably should have done it awhile ago but it went SO much easier for Madelyn than for Elyse. I think we had one night where she cried for awhile but then slept right through the next night.

Dennis and I went on a date last night. We ate at Cracker Barrel, bought scratch off lottery tickets and played our new Mario game on the wii.

My mom's THIRD book is out!!! We are so proud of her. There is even a quilt named after Elyse, Leesy's garden.

Dennis and I are training to run the Marine Corps Half Marathon May 16.

A mama bird built a nest in the wreath on our front door. We're pretty sure the eggs hatched because we can hear the little baby chirps outside the door.


Madelyn can turn her tongue completely sideways. And she continues to smile with a mouth wide open.

Oh, and did I mention, in just three weeks we leave to move to the other side of the country!!!!!!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It was worth the wait!

Kerns Family said...

I can't believe you are moving already, crazy!

Angela said...

Wow, you ARE busy!! Good for us in the middle of the country that you need to cross the country :) Looking forward to seeing you.