Sunday, May 23, 2010

Half Marathon and My First Krispy Kreme




Last Sunday, I ran my third half marathon! It was fun. I finished in 2 hours 17 minutes. I just looked at my time from two years ago and I cut a whole 10 minutes off it. Not that I was worried about it, but that's kind of cool.

It was a nice day. Dennis and I drove down to Fredericksburg and my mom was in town to watch the girls. In all honesty, I was more worried about Madelyn making it away from me for so long than the actual run. Oh, and we were leaving the next day to move across the country so I was thinking about that a bit too.

Thank goodness for facebook. My friend Steph was a spectator there and caught a shot of me actually running.

The only pictures Dennis took of me were of the celebratory Krispy Kream. We were walking back to the car and noticed the Krispy Kreme "hot" light on. I figured my 13.1 miles had earned me a doughnut and a real soda. MY GOODNESS! I certainly understand the hype now. I think it might be a few less than 13.1 miles before I'll be trying another.






2 comments:

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Grecca said...

Way to go Andrea! That is a great time for a half marathon!!