Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Grand Tour....

We were SO LUCKY to get a house right away in our move to CA. The great thing is that this house is brand spankin' new! We are the first tenants.



So come on in!!...


We walk into a carpeted front room. We made it the playroom. Dennis and I already painted the walls last weekend (probably should put all the clothes in my dresser first but this was more fun). I have some plans for decorating, a chair on order and curtains ready to hang. I'll share pics of the transformation soon.



Here's the living room/dining room.



The Kitchen



The garage, soon to be fully converted in to a mancave.


We're going to paint the walls and put a curtain up to hide the storage. The mancave will have a little room for me...I'm going to set up my sewing machine and craft area behind the couch so I will actually use it!


Our room


Madelyn's room. Not the best shot because I just put her down for the night and I didn't want to disturb her. It's really big. There is a twin bed in the corner.

Align LeftAnd Elyse's room!


This house is perfect for us! Just the right size, plenty of storage, nice and open. Dennis and I are both really motivated to unpack everything (we're going to be here for such a long time...a whole three years or so!) and I've been watching all the decorating shows trying to get ideas. It's actually really fun.

One weird thing about our house...we don't have any air conditioning. I guess it is because whoever built it figured we don't need it. We certainly haven't needed it so far. The high since we've been here has been in the 60's! But, we haven't gotten to see the stereotypical "sunny CA!" It's been overcast since we've been here. Apparently it's all because of "June Gloom" and everyone assures us the sun will be shining again soon.

We're a short walk from the Oceanside harbor and a three minute drive to a great beach. It's a great place to visit. We'd love to have you!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

It looks so nice. Congratulations!