Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Easiest Curtain Ever


I "made" this curtain the other day to go over the sink in our kitchen. No kidding, it took me the 10 minutes my pasta was cooking to make and that was after I first hung it way too low and had to move the bar up.

I bought the bar for only a few bucks at Target along with curtain clips. They are right in the aisle with all the other curtain stuff. They look kind of like these but were silver and not so many so I think it was only $4.

Then I bought four cloth napkins at World Market and just clipped them on the rings. That took a total of two minutes. And, wallah...a colorful addition to my kitchen.

The hardest part was figuring out where to hang the rod. The first time it was way too low and the blinds showed through in the places where it hung down. I moved it up and it looked much butter.

The cool thing is that since it was so easy to put up, I can change the fabric very easily too! Cloth napkins are pretty cheap (I even thought about using some I already had but they had lasagna stains on them). I can buy Christmas ones to decorate for the holidays or I can just change it on a whim.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love it. Great job!

Brandi K. said...

That's an awesome idea!