Wednesday, August 25, 2010

From the Farm




I know I've been a bit MIA the past few weeks. It's because my mom has been here and we have been BUSY! She has been so kind to help with lots of projects around the new house and of course some good play time with two super cute girls. She leaves on Friday and I am going to miss having her here! I'll post some pics of all our projects in the next few weeks.

I wanted to share some pictures today of some of the produce I picked up today from the CSA we joined.

CSA stands for community supported agriculture. I found out about it through another blog. Basically it is like investing in a farm. We pay a certain fee in exchange for a box of produce. The fun thing to me is that we get whatever is available. Today we received grape tomatoes, regular tomatoes, two kinds of lettuce, apples, oranges, broccoli, onions, avocados, wax beans, mizuna and dandilion leaves. Not sure what I'm going to do with the dandelion leaves yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something good.

I'm really happy with what we got today. Everything we have tasted so far has been super good. And, it just feels good to know we are getting fresh, straight from the area, organic produce.

It's like Christmas...can't wait to see what we get next time.

If you are interested in searching for something similar in your area, check out this website. We are getting ours from J.R. Organics.

1 comment:

The Wilkins said...

What a great idea, I'm going to look into this!