Tuesday, November 30, 2010

13 things about our 13 month old

Now that Madelyn is a year old, I'm not sure how often I'll post her updates, but she has been up to a lot lately so I thought I would share:

1. She is talking, both with words and her hands. She very clearly (well to me) says: mama, bear, bye-bye, hi, thank you, baby, uh-oh and dada. With her hands (by signing) she says eat, more, water, book, hat, all done, and pick me up.

2. She loves to sit and read a book. In the picture above, she randomly signed book to Dennis, he grabbed this one and they sat and enjoyed it together in the middle of the kitchen!

3. She throws some tantrums! If she doesn't want me to set her down, she will lay down on the floor in protest or bang her head! We are ignoring it and it has gotten better.

4. She love to try and play with the big kids (especially when coloring is involved!)


5. She loves other babies too! In this picture a friend came over to visit when Madelyn was napping and she was so excited to come downstairs and see another baby!

6. Madelyn is a very "tactile" child. She loves to cuddle and will sit for minutes (a long time for a one year old!) if Dennis is kissing her back.

7. I think we can officially say she is a walker! Madelyn will pull herself up on a person or a piece of furniture and walk across the room to another person or piece of furniture. She still won't let go of a hand if she has to walk more than a few feet. I think she can do it, just needs the confidence to do it on her own!


8. Madelyn loves her sister! Lately they have had a lot of fun cracking each other up. They crawl and chase each other up and down the hall or tickle each other.

9. She can point to her nose and her hair.

10. We are down to one nursing session a day. She is actually drinking her "toddler soy formula" and I am thrilled. We will probably wean-her in the next few weeks. (I'm looking forward to my cheesy lasagna and hot fudge sundae!)

11. This girl is a little clown! Once she does something that makes us laugh she will do it again and again and laugh right along with us.

12. Everyone on our street says she's the happiest baby that ever was but they only see her when she is walking around holding my hand...a favorite thing to do!

13. She loves to sing songs...favorites are Twinkle Twinkle, Wheels on the Bus and Slippery Fish.

No comments: