Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You'll Ever Need




A long time ago, I posted my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Or what I thought was the right recipe. Turns out I was wrong.

You see, back in 29 Palms, I discovered the best chocolate chunk cookie recipe on the back of the Baker's brand chocolate chunks. The problem was that once we moved from there, I had a hard time finding the same brand. I searched online and found a recipe labeled "Bakers" and went with it. They were good too but once I rediscovered this recipe, there is no way I can ever go back.

Now I have an empty chocolate chunk bag in with the rest of my recipes so I'll never lose it again.

And I am going to share it with you now. Consider this your Christmas Present!

Baker's Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 3/4 C Flour
3/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
3/4 cup butter s0ftened (just leave it out on the counter for awhile until it is at room temp!)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 package Bakers chocolate chunks (chocolate chips work too but the chunks are better!)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, baking soda and salt until well blended. Beat butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate. Drop in heaping tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 minutes (the recipe says 11-12 minutes but I have made these MANY times and 8 minutes is perfect!) Cool completely.

I'm telling you...I make these cookies a lot so here are a few of the tips I've learned in the process.

-I line the cookie sheets with foil. I think that might be why they cook a little faster, not sure. But, they don't burn and it makes it really easy to clean the cookie sheets.

-When I had to be off dairy I found a great substitute for butter (heavens knows I wasn't able to give these babies up). I used coconut oil. It can be used as a replacement for butter and actually adds a little coconut flavor. It needs to be softened in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Apparently it's healthy too!

-Last week I needed cookies for two different occasions and decided to go ahead and make a double batter cook half and then make the "balls" of dough for the other batch. I froze them on the cookie sheet and then put them in a plastic bag. The next day when I was ready to make the cookies I just popped them on the sheet and baked them for a few minutes longer. Fresh baked cookies in no time!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Dangit my chocolate chip cookies are on the cooling rack as I type this! Next time....

Rose Silver said...

I Love Chocolate Chips Cookies especially Homemade! I like them when they are soft! That's so good!

Anonymous said...

Parchment paper works for me even better than foil, and because it can be re-used many times, it doesn't seem expensive in the end.

I too discovered the recipe on the Baker's Chunks package and agree with you: it's the best. I found your blog while searching for the recipe online. Thank you!

ISO Certification Training said...

This really looks delicious. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my ISO 22000 Training.