Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feeling Creative

In addition to all our time spent just hanging out, playing with Legos and reading Henry and Mudge books, we had to spend some time working on projects when my mom was here last week.

I had a list of things I wanted to do while she was here and luckily, we got them all done.

Re-covered floor pillows (including a hidden zipper which I guess is hard to do but will be perfect to throw the covers in the washer if a little girl ever spills her juice on these) all done by her...
These silhouettes of the girls. I've been wanting to do these for awhile but wasn't quite sure how to do it. My neighbor did some of her boys and inspired me to just go for it. I love how they turned out!
And when we visited this shop, I saw a girl come in with some wreaths like this. I knew I could make one. Super simple and I like how it came out!
Including this little flower
It was super easy to make. Instructions here. I want to make more of these flowers. Maybe for some little girl hair clippies.

And with all the creative juices flowing, these girls had to work on their art.

1 comment:

The Wilkins said...

Ok so I really need to make myself some of those pillows, silhouettes, and that wreath! When are we doing a craft day so that you can show me how?