Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gardening

Another benefit of living in So. Cal....Gardening in February!

When my mom was here last week she helped us put some seeds and plants in the ground.

Elyse planted beans....


And Madelyn gathered hand-full after hand-full after hand-full of dirt, walking back and forth...
...to the toy kitchen's sink, full of water from the rain earlier in the week. It was lovely.

Here is a super blurry picture of the finished product.

We have tomato, red pepper, jalapenos, basil, cilantro and chive plants and bean, spinach, zucchini, melon and flower seeds.

Hopefully we can keep them all alive and have a great harvest this summer. I'll keep you updated! :)





1 comment:

The Wilkins said...

Andrea,
I am doing my garden this week, so excited! I just read about Heirloom Seeds, I want to get some but I might be too late in order to get them before seeding times is over. Check them out. I follow this blog called, Simple Organic. Their link is on my page!