Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Homemade deodorant

About six months ago, I found this recipe for homemade deodorant. I've been using my batch since then and I don't think I'll ever go back to the store bought stuff.

It works! I haven't been stinky or sweaty (if you have been around me and disagree with the stinky part, please feel free to leave an anonymous comment!)

This stuff feels great and smells yummy (unless you hate coconut...sorry mom!)

The only slight issue is that it is made with coconut oil which has a melting point of around 76 degrees. So sometimes it gets a bit soft in the summer upstairs in a house that does not have AC.

I've left out the essential oils simply because I couldn't find grapefruit oil at my store.

Here's what it looks like before mixing...

And after...
It's fairly inexpensive, all natural and it works.

1 comment:

The Wilkins said...

I have been looking for a recipe. My natural deodorant leaves me sticky and SMELLY. Even Jon commented, I told him it was better than Cancer! LOL... I can't wait to try it.

FYI I stopped using shaving cream and lotion and now keep a spray bottle of Olive Oil and water in the shower, works wonders!