Monday, June 20, 2011

Dry Erase Board







I've had this dry erase board up in my kitchen for the past few years. It helps me keep track of everything I need to do and everywhere I need to be but it wasn't too pretty.


I decided it needed a makeover. I was inspired by this and another blog that I can't seem to find now.


I used a frame I already had. I bought the yellow fabric cheap at the Crate and Barrell Outlet (another reason I love living here). I cut the yellow fabric to be a little bit bigger than the insert in the frame and then used duct tape to wrap the front of the insert with the fabric.

Then I used a permanent marker and drew the lines and words on the back of the plastic part of the frame. I wrote the words on the front with a dry erase marker and then was able to trace them in mirror image on the back.

I think it adds a nice little burst of color to my pantry door!

No comments: