Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gallery Wall

I've been wanting to create a gallery wall in the playroom for awhile and I finally got everything put together!


I've really been into yellow lately so I tried to use yellow to tie it together a bit.


Here's what I put together:
1. "Living the Dream". I made this sign a few weeks ago and I'm *satisfied* with how it turned out. I bought the board at Michael's for only a few dollars and spray painted it white. Then I cut the letters out of freezer paper and tried to iron them onto the board. Then I topped it with a coat of black spray paint. Unfortunately, the seal wasn't perfect and lots of "spray over" got under the letters. I cleaned it up a bit with some white paint and a brush but I still think it looks a bit childish. I think I'll redo it when I get one of these. :) "Living the dream" is Dennis' response anytime someone asks him how he's doing. And we really living the dream are so I thought it was appropriate.

2. This is a free printable I found here. I just printed it out on regular white paper and stuck it in the frame.

3. Family picture from our photo shoot last year.

4. The "K" I painted.

5. This little picture is of two little heart trees with a big heart tree in the middle. I bought it when I was in London during college. I like what it represents.

6. My map.

7. Framed pictures, one of the girls and one of Dennis and I. Here's a closer shot of the pic of Dennis and me. It's from our real first date, almost 11 years ago. We don't look a day older today, do we?! :)



I bought the frames at Goodwill for a total of $10. I spray painted the frames white and added a piece of yellow scrap booking paper before adding in the pictures.


2 comments:

Angela said...

ooooh, thank you thank you. i just came to your blog because i'm about to attempt silhouettes and wanted to see how you did it and I love number 2 (har har) thank you for the link. The whole thing looks nice together WEll done.

Sharon said...

awesome!