Friday, October 7, 2011

Dressing up the Dresser

For the past few months, I've been checking on Pendleton Yard Sales (think Craig's list for this base). I finally was able to get this dresser...just $25!


I removed the hardware and painted it! It now sits in our dining area.

I finally had the perfect place to hang the round mirror I love.


The materials required for the painting kind of took away from the "bargain." Hopefully I'll be able to reuse them for another project to make it worth it. I might replace the drawer pulls at some point...I had to get the cheapest ones to keep the price of this dresser from going off the edge.
I'm working on styling the top (do youlike the pumpkin the girls covered with stickers and painted as soon as it came through the door?). I seem to struggle with arranging objects on flat surfaces. Something to work on. I am going to use the damask fabric to make some kind of runner.

It might not be perfect but I"m super happy that I finally have the dresser I've been longing for. :)




2 comments:

Rachael said...

Awesome job! Do you read Centsational Girl? She does that all the time, finding ugly old pieces of furniture and making them beautiful. She does it for cheap too.

Angela said...

I love your blog, thank you!