A new year starts tomorrow and like many across the world, I have noble aspirations of projects to complete and goals to meet. I know my list is more than a little over ambitious and certainly all over the place. And I understand that it might not include some of the really important life-improving-thought-changing goals maybe I should be thinking about. But it's my list still the same and I thought I'd share it with you!
1. Go to bed early most nights and get up most mornings to do some exercise.
2. Run 300 miles on our treadmill.
3. Learn to decorate cupcakes that look like they do at a bakery.
4. Do 3 pull-ups.
5. Complete 50 "projects".
6. Read 15 books.
7. In addition, read 5 "life" books, the kind of self-help, grow closer to God and my family kind of books.
8. Learn how to fix my hair like it was for the ball.
9. Decorate our bedroom
10. Decorate Elyse's bedroom too (Madelyn's is pretty much done).
11. Keep up with this cleaning schedule.
12. Set the timer to pick up the house for at least 15 mins a day.
13. Spend some "craft" time with Elyse each week.
14. Spend some one-on-one time with Madelyn each week too.
15. Sew more
16. And organize my mess of sewing and craft supplies
17. Organize my spice collection
18. Learn how to embroider
19. Watch all of Mad Men
20. Create and be consistent with some kind of chore system for Elyse
21. Blog more
22. Take more pictures
23. Organize and display our pictures from 2011
24. Save some money
25. Stick to a budget
26. Organize my closet and clothes...and find a way to be more stylish
There are more goals in mind that I decided to trash, like cut and actually use coupons, give up sweets, lose 20 pounds, take and edit a picture for everyday of the year, and blog three times a week. I just know these ones aren't happening.
As for the rest, I'll let you know how I do.