Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Goals

A new year starts tomorrow and like many across the world, I have noble aspirations of projects to complete and goals to meet.  I know my list is more than a little over ambitious and certainly all over the place.  And I understand that it might not include some of the really important life-improving-thought-changing goals maybe I should be thinking about.  But it's my list still the same and I thought I'd share it with you!

1.  Go to bed early most nights and get up most mornings to do some exercise.

2.  Run 300 miles on our treadmill.

3.  Learn to decorate cupcakes that look like they do at a bakery.

4.  Do 3 pull-ups.

5.  Complete 50 "projects".

6.  Read 15 books.

7.  In addition, read 5 "life" books, the kind of self-help, grow closer to God and my family kind of books.

8.  Learn how to fix my hair like it was for the ball.

9.  Decorate our bedroom

10.  Decorate Elyse's bedroom too (Madelyn's is pretty much done).

11.  Keep up with this cleaning schedule.

12.  Set the timer to pick up the house for at least 15 mins a day.

13.  Spend some "craft" time with Elyse each week.

14.  Spend some one-on-one time with Madelyn each week too.

15.  Sew more

16.  And organize my mess of sewing and craft supplies

17.  Organize my spice collection

18.  Learn how to embroider

19.  Watch all of Mad Men

20.  Create and be consistent with some kind of chore system for Elyse

21.  Blog more

22.  Take more pictures

23.  Organize and display our pictures from 2011

24.  Save some money

25.  Stick to a budget

26.  Organize my closet and clothes...and find a way to be more stylish

There are more goals in mind that I decided to trash, like cut and actually use coupons, give up sweets, lose 20 pounds, take and edit a picture for everyday of the year, and blog three times a week.  I just know these ones aren't happening.

As for the rest, I'll let you know how I do.


No comments: