Saturday, January 21, 2012

Year in a Jar

Last year, I was inspired to create "a year in a jar."  It's a simple idea.  You leave a jar near the front door as a place to deposit little tokens from the year.

I'm so glad we did it.  It was easy and gave us a place to put those little things that we don't really want to get rid of but really have no where to put.

Here are some of the things we found in last year's jar:
-Seashells
-Fancy-Nancy play ring
-Photo strip from the zoo
-Movie stub from Bridesmaids
-A button from our Mommy and Me preschool graduation
-Last year's Legoland pass
-Our place cards from the Marine Corps Ball
-My metal from the Carlsbad 1/2 Marathon
-A stamp card from the Straw Maze at the pumpkin patch
-"ID cards" created from the machines at Chuck-E-Cheese
-My ticket from the Long Beach International Quilt Festival
-A mini Polaroid of us in our Halloween costumes

I've created another one this year.  I learned the hard way to get a plastic jar, as last year's glass one got handled and broken by little fingers.  My hope is to someday have a whole bookshelf containing many, many, memories.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I think I'm stealing this idea (amongst many other great ones you have blogged about). Have a great and balanced week!