Thursday, April 12, 2012

Passover

Last weekend, the girls and I were lucky to head up to 29 Palms (our old stomping grounds in the desert) to spend time with some great friends and celebrate Passover.

Our friends Shirley and Jeff do a big Passover Seder every year (although I think they waited until the Katolins left town to hold the first one!)

We had a great time.  I was really impressed by all the meaning and symbolism behind the ceremony.  Next time I go, I'll let Dennis chase around the girls so I can truly pay attention to the meaning behind everything. 

Here are some shots from the night:



Matzo ball soup...

Madelyn eating the unleavened bread.


The leader of it all, Shirley, getting everyone ready.

Monica lighting the Passover candles

Natalie obediently eating her bitter herbs, symbolic of the bitterness of slavery endured by our forefathers

Going through the ceremony

Gigi and Shirley explaining the Seder plate

and Jeff...


Thanks Arts!  We had a great time at Seder dinner and throughout our visit...hope to do it again soon!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

that's so neat! every year i keep trying to take the kids to one, hopefully next year :)