Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dinnertime

I've become a fast eater.  I think it's one of the side effects of motherhood.  In all the "up and down" of dinner time, the "Eat your veggies", cleaning up spilled milk, getting more bunny noodles, I take the few moments available to chow down my food. 

While I am lucky to have fairly good eaters, they are slow.  Meals often take a long time at our house.  Random conversations, ("I'm going to plan a monkey party.  Can we go to the Dollar Store tomorrow to pick up treats for the goody bag?"), marches around the table, potty breaks, tickles for a sister and hugs for mama (my favorite) all distract from the main activity.

So last night after I had munched down my food, I decided to pull out my camera and take advantage of stationary subjects and beautiful evening light that shines in our dining room.









On a side note, I just finished my first online photography course.  I loved it!  That attitude of the course matched my needs perfectly...all about moms (and dads) taking better pictures of our kids.  I highly recommend it to anyone interested.  I've learned so much and it has inspired me to keep going with my photography.  The one drawback of being more involved and learning more is that I have become a bit critical of myself.  Which on one hand is a good thing...I'm striving to be better and learn more.  A negative is that it makes me reluctant to share.  But here I plan to remember "the enemy of good is perfect" and share my pictures in their (and my) current state.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

In my house, I am the last one eating b/c Tim's a fast eater and the kids don't eat much at all.
Your girls looks so happy and cute!