Sunday, October 28, 2012

Exciting News


So, there’s a good reason this blog has taken a back seat lately.  For the past few months, I’ve been exhausted.  I’ve taken every advantage I have to nap or just sit around lazily.

It’s because baby Katolin numero tres is on the way!

Right  now we’re about 14 weeks along (three months as Dennis would say…he hates counting the pregnancy by weeks).

We’re doing great.  I felt tired and gaggy the first trimester.  I didn’t really feel like cooking and I cried my eyes out every time we watched Parenthood.  But I think we’re past all of that.

We told the girls and they are super excited.  We’ve named this baby Neptune.  We name our fetuses after planets…Elyse was Jupiter and Madelyn, Pluto. 

We have a super cool doctor and have gotten to see the baby a few times.  Last week, we went for an ultrasound and got to see all of little Neptune.  I never had such a thorough ultrasound with the girls so early and it was so awesome to see everything.  I am truly amazed that the baby can be so little and everything is there. 

The ultrasound tech guessed boy but that’s what we heard with our last kid too at this point and that certainly did not come to be.

We are all super excited about this new addition to our family. 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

sooooo happy for you!!!

Rachael said...

That's so exciting. I'm so happy for you guys!

Nina said...

Great news indeed! Congrats :)

Angela said...

Let's see, there are how many planets in our solar system...?