Sunday, October 14, 2012

Photography

A few months ago, I took this online photography class.

I highly recommend it.  It's taught by a professional photographer, who is also a mom.  She understands the purpose of photography for moms is to capture the everyday moments with our kids and to make them as beautiful as possible.  After being kind of in a rut for awhile, I was inspired and learned a lot.

After the course, I decided to continue with the alumni group.  It's a great way to stay in the loop and keep pushing my photography envelope.  Each week we have a theme, and submit a photo related to that theme.  Although life has gotten in the way and I haven't been great about submitting one each week, I wanted to share the ones I have shared.  It's always great to get some feedback...I learn more each time I submit one!

Here they are:


Back to school: We hadn't started school yet but I thought Madelyn looked rather studious in this one.





This theme was "independence."  I interpreted this as a girl who didn't want to nap during nap time but fell asleep an hour later on my bed.


This one is love life.  This was just a few days after Dennis came back from Afghanistan and he was up with the girls making breakfast.  (That cute cup on the counter was destroyed only minutes later by a 2 year old who didn't want to eat her oatmeal and pushed across the table, knocking over my cup!)



This theme was "you".  Dennis took this picture of the girls and I together.  I love this one.




This theme was shadow.  My plan was to go out in the evening and have the girls make big shadows on the ground but I waited too long and the sun was too low.  Oh well.



This last one was "friends".  Elyse found her buddy Raegan on the the first day of school.  Can you tell she was excited to see her?

1 comment:

Angela said...

I don't know squat about photography but they are all great and I love love love the one of you and the girls.